Saturday, August 23, 2008

Half-a-day at the Great Wall

Hey, I took almost a half day off here in Beijing... so we left at 7 in the morning and drove to the Great Wall. It takes about one and half hours to get there from downtown Beijing, but what an amazing place. It was hot and humid and it took a lot of endurance and all my energy to make it all the way to the wall (even though I cheated and took the tram almost to the top :) I went there with my friends Nate (who works for Nike Europe) and Ilana in US PR. I wish I could have brought the family because the views are breath-taking and the place is a bit magical. I hope you enjoy the pictures... by the way, the picture of the Chinese military guys hiding from the sun by the window is one of my favorites :)


1 comment:

Scott-n-Allison said...

We did the GREAT WALL in February...it snowed and was quite a sight to watch people slipping and falling all over the place on those slippery little steps.

Did you take your picture with a camel?

So fun to say I've been there!