Friday, December 28, 2007

Brittany's Year... so far!






December 18th

Well, It is that wonderfultime of year and I’ve been having an incredible time. School is great and I love my friends and family. One of my favorite classes at Southridge is leadership. In the past few months I have been, as junior class president, in charge of our school canned food drive, blood drive, and a “powdertuff” game. It has been very rewarding and I’ve had a lot of experiences that I will never forget. The powdertuff game, first, is a school event where the boys come and play volleyball while the girl’s varsity team, coaches them. This year, one of our fellow juniors passed away; his name was Cason and he was one of the smartest, kindest, nicest gentlemen I have ever met. While we were planning the event, we decided to make it all for Cason. We raised money for his family to put in his scholarship fund that they created after he died, we had all of the shirts say “cason” on the back and, we invited his family to attend the event. When Sam Place and I greeted Cason’s mom at the door, she was amazed to see all the boys in the “cason” shirts. She looked around and started crying. I will never forget that moment. You could tell she loved it and was very happy to see us remember her son in such a big way. To start the event, Sam and I Welcomed everyone and told them that his parents were present and we gave them “cason” shirts. To make this wonderful story short, it turned out to be an unforgettable event, and one of the highlights of my junior year. I made the Varisty Soccer team this year and had we had a great season. We earned our spot at second in metro and made it to state playoffs. Although we made it to playoffs I wasn’t able to play… Soccer ended for me at our second to last metro game with a blow to the foot. A girl from the opposing team tackled me and I ended up with an injured foot. I found out that I tore ligaments in my main arch in my foot, and I’ve been wearing a boot ever since. The podiatrist said I have to wait untill January to see if I need surgery or not. Fun stuff… L Something unusual for a girl my age… last month, I had my own room. Now, I share a room with my best friend, and sister Hailey. After thinking about it I decided that some of the best times I had with my sister were when we shared a room while we were younger. I only have a year or two until I move out of the house and I want to spend as much time with her as I can. Without asking my mom or dad (opps) I moved all of my clothes and belongings into my sister’s room decided that, that would be my new room. I love sharing a room with my best friend and I’m happy i made the move J There are many other things that I could talk about but I think I will end it here. I am so thankful for my beautiful family, and all the time that I get to spend with them. I’m grateful for my friends, and I am very grateful that I can eat food, after last week when I couldn’t eat anything due to the fact that I just got my tonsils out. I hope everyone is having a fantastic time and Merry-almost-Christmas!

-Brittany Molina

No comments: